Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to My World

You ever have one of those days? Well I am having one of those..... somethings. I'm not sure if its a day, week, month, or even a year. But when you think you have it all together something just has to go wrong. So I was driving home from having dinner with my mom in another city. I was talking to a friend on my phone, then all of a sudden, I see an orange light. I thought great, just my luck something would go wrong. On my birthday, alone, about an hour from home. Well nothing happened and I thought it was what was wrong before with my car. I need an oil change. I always wait way too long and have issues with my car when I do. Well I go to get my oil changed at this wonderful little family run business that only charges between $10-15 every time I go. Great right! (Well it is) but they have the tendency to find all the things wrong with my car. I don't mind really its a great perk and they don't force you to fix it they just like to tell you. Well the little light was NOT what I thought it was. So, lets go back to the first cold day of the year.... "Your heater isn't working right, it SUCKS" (compliments of my fiance) Well I'm just thinking well duh its an older car and nothing ever works right..... Fast Forward. "Mam, Have you noticed your check engine light? " "Yeah thought it was a different one" "No, its the check engine light, your thermostat is going to need replaced" "Ok....... (horrible look on my face knowing its going to cost and arm and a leg) "The thermostat can make your car engine not cool right and have your car overheat" "Ok..." "It can also cause issues with the functioning of your heat" "Yup, noticed that...." (big smile on face thinking great where is this going"....... So he tells me it needs to be replaced or my engine my blow up and cost me $2000!!!! Holy cow! I know he's not lying because they are great but I have NO money $$$ :( He goes back to work and I am standing there waiting for a qoute, "Oh, mam, by the way you need a tire rotation as well.... :)haha, thanks. Though that only cost $12.... maybe next time. Back to the thermostat.... $120 roughly. Not bad yes, but when thats about all you have, its a lot. All in all, I am borrowing from our wedding fund and getting it fixed.... I want heat and I can't afford a new engine.

1 comment:

  1. That stinks. We just had to replace that on the car too. Cars suck.

    ReplyDelete