Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Month


Has it really been a month?

I can not even explain what has all happened in just one short month. I really think that this month was the craziest month of my teacher career so far (I won't say ever because March is shaping up just the same). It started with Spirit week at school where the students were crazy and me becoming an aunt!!! I love my nephew and wish I could get up to see him more. I am only 20 minutes away but always busy.

Then an observation WEEK, okay, I don't get observed for the whole week but they don't tell you when they are coming. Of course he waited until Thursday afternoon to show up. I guess at least it wasn't Friday right?! This week was followed by parent-teacher conferences and a short week at school that resulted in a new student. New students in the MIDDLE of the year are usually not a good thing! As a first year teacher I am blessed with a WONDERFUL class, (knock on wood right!?) but one can change them all. This one has tried... But within the last week I have reminded him that he is NOT in charge. It's worked for the most part.... plus reminding him I will call home helps.

THEN it is always wonderful when you hear are parent is calling the superintendent complaining. I got lucky on this one, its not about ME! (small celebration) but I am still concerned. I have a meeting Monday with many people from administration....

So as I continue the next 3 1/2 weeks until Spring Break, with no relief and students who are just as ready for spring as I am... I stay positive and trying to stay motivated. I have started many new routines and practices that should help.

I will leave you with these:

Hudson Lee
Hudson and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment