Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life is too short to worry....

I am constantly worrying about money, school, loans, and just about anything you can think of. Not saying I will ever stop worrying but I hope I can enjoy life while worrying. One major thing I have thought about lately is babies. My sister is "past" due and will be having her baby by Thursday if not sooner.

Ben and I have been together for 9 years (on Feb. 18th). We got married this past summer and we have talked about the right time to have our own children. Being a new school teacher I hope to plan it out (if that's possible) I would like to have a child around next summer. This seems like a LONG time to wait but I know God has his plans just like I worry about my plans.

Lately, since Saturday I have been praying and worrying about a family in my hometown community. I did not know this family personally but its a small close knit Christian community. Saturday my mother-in-law called about a horrible case she had at work. She was in tears and needed comfort that we were all okay. She said she had a patient that she met with on the previous Monday for a tour of the maternity floor. Saturday she was in the ER with this family. The couple had been in a horrible car accident where a semi hit them. The mother passed away and the baby was delivered but unresponsive. The father was also in the ER (was released that night). I can't even put into words the story to make it sound right. I can not imagine the thoughts and feelings of the family or my mother-in-law. I found out Saturday night who this person was and how close of a connection I had to his family. He was a tech guy at my school and is best friends with a guy I knew well. I had close contact in middle school with both of them but can't say we are more than acquaintances.

As I said I am from a small, close knit community. This community has reached out to this family and God for prayers for their little girl who is struggling in NICU. Her name is Miranda and is adorable. The father has kept a blog since the day they became pregnant and its heartbreaking to imagine.

Here is his blog:
sadandchara.blogspot.com

Here is Mlive articles:
http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/02/i-94_west_near_dearing_road_cl.html

1 comment:

  1. That is a very sad story.

    I haven't said anything about it before, but I get panicky about having a baby too. I worry it will take too long, or it won't happen at all.

    I read this though, and it helps me more than I can describe:

    Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version, ©2010)

    Do Not Worry
    25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

    28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

    ReplyDelete